My lovely followers

Saturday 14 January 2012

Its a snow day!

Hi again

It was so cold today that I didn't think it was worth venturing out, so we watched an old film on the TV and I did a bit of crafting at the table while I watched, I enjoyed the day far more than if I'd been trailing around the shops - and it was cheaper!
This is the card I rustled up this afternoon



Its a Lili of the Valley stamp that I didn't get round to using when I made my Christmas cards so at least I can jusify buying it now!  I coloured it with copics and prismacolor pencils and added a little sparkle with stickles.  The eyelet square die is a spellbinders and the snowflakes and bunting were cut from my cricut expression machine - cartridges Christmas and Tie the knot.  The ribbon is from carnmeal cottage and all other bits and bobs from ebay.  The card definately fits today - it might not be snowing but it feels cold enough and taking the afternoon to make this card cheered me up no end!

I'm entering this card for the following challenges

Sweet sketch Wednesday
Stampavie and more - Winter
Sundays with Chrissy - Beat those mid-winter blues




Thats all from me for today

see you soon


10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, this is just adorable. I love your sweet image and fun papers. Your soft pastel colors are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Mary Lou said...

Very cute and quite fitting for this time of year :) Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
Hugz

Kathie said...

Hi Judith this is a lovely card. I just adorable LOTV images I only have a couple but are so lovely. Love your wonderful colours, papers and your embellishments. That was better than spending money shopping wasn't it, and I bet you enjoyed it more? Great card thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Judith this is a lovely card. I just adorable LOTV images I only have a couple but are so lovely. Love your wonderful colours, papers and your embellishments. That was better than spending money shopping wasn't it, and I bet you enjoyed it more? Great card thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

So sweet and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness but this is one sweet card!! Love that adorable image and your banner! Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Fantastic colouring, and i love the border with the sentiment how you attached that. Great idea. ;)
Thanks for joining Sundays with Crissy.

Hugs, Rosalien

Genevieve said...

Such a cute little card & adorable image. Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Arlana 11426 said...

What a adorably sweet card. Love those fun papers and added banner. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is wonderful!
An adorable image and beautiful colors. Great take on the winter-theme.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne