My lovely followers

Thursday 16 February 2012

A rainbow card

Hi there

I bought this Saturated canary stamp because I knew I had this rainbow/umbrella paper and thought it would work well together.  I've used the sketch from sweet sketch Wednesday challenge this week.



Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch #141

I used bright colours to colour her to tone with the rainbow colours.  This is what I used:

Stamp - Saturated Canary - Let it rain
Paper K & Co
Distress ink - Tim Holtz Tea Dye
Ribbon - Carnmeal cottage
Die cut umbrella and tag  Cricut paper dolls cartridge
Die cut oval - Spellbinders
Coloured with copics and prismacolour pencils
Glossy accents used on wellies and umbrella handle
All other embellies from my stash

The card is exactly as I had "seen" it before I started the only thing I'm not sure of is the card I used for stamping the image which is Neenah card - it is what I normally use - dont know it its a bit too white - has anyone any ideas for a good card for alcohol markers that not quite so white - suggestions gladly received!

I'm entering this card for the following challenges

Sweet sketch Wednesday - # 141
ABC challenge - jazz it up - bling/glossy accents/ bright colours
Totally papercraft - rainbow
Crafts and me challenges - distressed
Incy wincy designs - recipe -3 embellishments (umbrella, tag, bow), 2 papers 1 image


Thats me for today

Hugs

Judith x

14 comments:

mulberry station said...

Oh my...I love this. I love all the added umbrellas. Your papers are fabulous and so is your image. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

This is so pretty! I love the extras that you have added to this lovely card love all the rainbows. So glad you could join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, this is out of this world fabulous!!! Such gorgeous coloring of this lovely image!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

I love your umbrella papers. Fabulous colors and detail. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!

Kathie said...

Hi Judith your card is awesome. I just love this Saturated Canary image Let it Rain. I adore your wonderful bright colours and your lovely design paper which works perfectly. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Well you found absolutely the perfect paper to go with this darling image, and the umbrella die cut is a terrific touch as well! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

Oh this is fab!! I love the image & the umbrella theme is so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

happyscrapper said...

You were right the image is great with this paper. Your image is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy hope to see you back next week.
hugz,
Christine Dt at Incy Wincy

Lin said...

Amazing colouring!!

Thank you for joining our Jazz It Up challenge at ABC.

Lin

Patti P. said...

Judith, such a gorgeous card...love the umbrellas and the rainbow in your bg. I have used this image and love it, your coloring on it is beautiful, but I am in love with the large umbrella, such a great touch. I know what you mean about the papers sometime not being exactly what I wanted, but in this case with your sponging I think it is lovely as it let's your image just pop off of the paper. Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Patti SSW/DT

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my goodness Judith, I just love this card! First of all I am totally in awe of your coloring on this wonderful SC image. Quite stunning. Second your papers just couldn't be more perfect with the image and for this sketch. And third, that umbrella you created to embellish this beautiful card is an amazing finishing touch. One incredible card that I'm so glad you've shared with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the sweet image and the beautiful details.
luv
Debby

Shanna Shands said...

Love the image. I like all your embellies. Thanks for playing with ABC Challenge.

Unknown said...

lovely card, I love the umbrella theme!!!! thank you for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs