My lovely followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

A little distressing

Good morning blog friends

Don't worry I'm not here to tell you a sad story to get distressed over - but we do need some distressing over at Creative Craft Challenges this week!!

We have the wonderful Lili of the Valley sponsoring this weeks challenge
 and so we want to see your projects on the theme 

Distressing

I had such problems making this card, had chosen the card paper and ribbon - even coloured the image but I just couldn't put it together for the life of me - and it certainly didn't start life as an easel card!
I messed on with it all day on and off - took the dog out for a walk, did some work, came back to it and eventually stuck it together and photographed it - but it still didn't look right -when I looked at it I had forgotten to do the shading with my prismas to give it a more distressed/vintage look, by then I was blending the black prisma pencils onto the mostly finished card - I'm amazed that it didn't end up in the bin!! As if that wasn't bad enough when I came to try to photograph it the second time I ended up chasing it round the garden!!  I like to take my photos outside if I can - but didn't think it was quite as windy as it was....

So these terrible photos were taken in my conservatory and I
 couldn't do any better so gave up and this is the best I got!






I decided to pick out the green, pink, blue and peach in the papers - more colours than I would normally use together and carried it through with the embellies so this card is not really me at all - I'm usually a two or three colour girl at the most.  The only thing i can say is it does actually work and looks better in real life than in these photos!!

This is what I did.....

Image - Lili of the Valley - Party girl
Coloured with copics and prismaclour pencils
Papers - First edition - spring feast
Sentiment Lili of the valley
Ribbon - Sam Pooles creative studios
Butterfly punches  Martha Stewart and papermania
Roses - dienamics dies with a pink dew drop inside
Green pearls - kaisercraft
Distress ink - Tim Holtz - tea die
Die cut circles - spellbinders
Die cut flower border and corner (used as leafy sprig) - Memory box

Challenges I am entering with this card

Crafty cardmakers - birthday with balloons
Ooh la la creations - ribbon or twine
Love to create challenge- Bingo - Ribbon /punches/flowers
Lilis little fairies - use your favourite craft tool (Grand Calibre die cutting machine)
Delightful challenges - Distressing
Willow Sketchie challenge  -handmade flowers

Well that about the end of my distressing tale!

See you all tomorrow

Hugs Judith xx



18 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh hun how gorgeous is this card,the image is just so super cute,just love the colours,and your attention to detail is always first class,hugs Cherylx
ps I did have too throw out 2 cards Hun as yes they did get covered with blood,that will teach me to slow down,take care Hun,xxxxxxxxx

DesignerDiva said...

Well this is certainly a little cutie Judith and she doesn't look like she would give anyone so much trouble lol. It was worth all the effort and stress as its just gorgeous! I love that floral paper, I have to check if I have it!
Hugs Laurie xx
PS
Thanks for the reassurance re travelling kids!!

mixamatoasties said...

This is lovely Judith. Love the colours you've used and the image is gorgeous.

Susan x

Doreen said...

Oh this is gorgeous ,love the image...fabulous papers.xxx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Judith. Love this image, beautifully coloured. Great layout and loving that green ribbon.
hugs
Caz x

Unknown said...

really made me smile reading your post...glad it didnt end up in the bin as i would have had to pop over and retrieve it...far too super for that and the piccis are great...lovely project..hugs sassyxx and bailey is right by where im writing this marvina sends cuddles and a meow from under the duvet to a sleeping brother xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debs said...

Beautiful card Judith - love the fold and the image is so beautifully coloured.
The ribbon is lush :o)
Have a fab evening.
Take care
Debs xx

Sue B said...

Aww bless Judith… I hate it when we have days like that. I had a bad weekend a couple of weeks ago. Everything that could go wrong did!!

Well I'm so glad that this card didn't end up in the bin because it's turned out to be a real stunner!! I love the design and the sweet image. Love how the balloon is outside the frame too. Your colouring is beautiful !! The First Edtion paper is one of my favourites and looks really pretty with the gorgeous bow and pink roses!

Hope the rest of your week goes well hun
Big Hugs
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is a really pretty card Judith, I'm glad you stuck with it because it was well worth all the effort.
Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
Pauline
x

Mynn xx said...

Such a gorgeous card! LOVE the easel fold--and the coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining in my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

Corrinne said...

Gorgeous creation! ALl of those sweet detail & lovely colors - Fabulous!

I would be thrilled if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our current challenge.

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

baileyrosy said...

Hi there, so glad you stuck with this lovely card sounds like such an adventure. The result is stunning though . Love the great design image and colouring .

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.Can't believe it gave you so much trouble but it was worth it.Pretty colours and lovely colouring.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Errr this cards story sounds a bit like my MAWTT for this week!!!!!!!!! Mind you mine was a paper issue just.

Yours is stunning, I love the colours you have gone for and its now not distressing at all!!

Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Hazelxox

Chriss America Real said...

This card is just adorable! It was worth all the trouble! I love it!
Thank you for playing along with the Delightful Challenge Design Team this week!

Hugs,

Chriss
http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Larelyn said...

Such a precious image and just the perfect arrangement for an easel card. Thanks for sharing at Delightful challenges.
Hugs,
Larelyn

fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card! I love this sweet LOTV stamp and your bow and roses are beautiful :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Birthday Balloon Bonanza" challenge.
Fiona x

Daniele said...

know what you mean about struggling with a card sometimes I'll have one on my table for days waiting for inspiration, however your turned out great, love the paper so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs