My lovely followers

Thursday 11 October 2012

Tag it! at MAWTT


Hello again

Here I am at last - sorry to my teamies for rolling in late this week I thought I had myself all organised but had a few last minute things came up last night and although I had my project for this week done it just wasn't photographed or posted on time - a bit ironic really because i was a day early with my Delightful Challenges post - me thinks I need to sort myself out, I'm not really having a problem with the DT work - its the days of the week - they sneak up!!

Anyway over at MAWTT this week we have a fab little challenge 

set by our lovely teamie Pami

The theme is 

TAG IT!

We had a bit of discussion on the DT blog about what was and wasn't allowed and it was decided that as long as your project has a tag that you've made then it fits the challenge.  so not just Tags but cards that have tags are also OK.

Our fab sponsors this week are 

Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps



The DT girls got some lovely digis to play with and here's what I did with mine


I decided to make a gift box to go with the tag as often if I make a tag just on its own it gets sort of put to one side and lost - now I have a ready made gift box - so I'll have to go out Christmas shopping and buy gifts to fit my boxes instead of the other way round lol.

Heres what I did ....


  • I made the box with white pearl card for the base and striped card from a large DCWV pad I've had for years.  I used my Crafters Companion ultimate pro to make the box and lid - it really is so easy to do - you just follow the grid lines and the base and lid fit each other perfectly
  • The tag is cut with spellbinders labels eleven - I used the Kraft card to mount the white tag as the stripe card has a vintage shaded look to it - you can see it on the RH corner.  I then inked the two tags with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink and threaded it into Red organza ribbon
  • The cute snowman image is coloured with copics  to match the colours of the box lid
  • I decorated the box with the same ribbon - its just attached to the box lid in a cross and attached neatly inside the lid. 
  • Finally I made a snowflake with a spellbinders snowflake die set and blue glittered paper and a WOJ pearl brad.  Then I made a small snowflake and pearl to finish off the tag
why don't you have a look over at MAWTT challenge blog at what the other girls have made - i have to say I was so impressed by the different tags they all came up with - I'm sure you will be so inspired that you'll all rush off full of ideas to enter our challenge - at least that's the plan!

Challenges I'm entering with this tag - Christmas is just around the corner (closes 1st dec)
Simon says stamp - dies ans punches
Cdee - designs challenge
Pennys paper-crafty challenge - anything but a card

Hope you all have a great weekend 

Hugs 

Judith xx



11 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Im like that I mix my days up all the time. Ditzy is my Middle name!!! Love your tag and box, what a great idea. Dont worry about being late, Love Hxx

Sue said...

Hi Judith,
I'm glad I'm not the only one in a bit of a muddle at the moment!!

Your tag is fabulous and I love the gift box too with that gorgeous sparkly snowflake
Hugs Sue

Mrs.B said...

Hi Judith, thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments, much appreciated.
I too am from Sunderland, so its a pleasure to repay the compliment and follow you.
Avril xx

Sue B said...

Hi Judith…sorry I am a bit late… I fell asleep in the middle of commenting yesterday!! LOL
This is gorgeous…and what a great idea to make the gift box with it! love the colours you have chosen for the snowmen trio and the blue embellies are really scrummy! it looks fab on the pressie! :-))
Hope you are having a lovely day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a brilliant idea .. the tag and the box! They are fabulous
Lisa x

Kim. said...

Aw what a gorgeous little tag and a really cute box to go with it.
The days of the week are still evading me Judith they just seem to go by so quickly and before I know it is Wednesday again!
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Hi Judith this is so fab what a lovely card, I like the idea of the tag its fab.

Thank you for your comment but I did send you an email via fabnfunkychallenges@hotmail.co.uk on 6th October
I have sent an email again today hoping you will be able to pick it up this time Big Hugs Elaine .

Karen said...

I love your tag! Gorgeous, I love snowmen. You do a wonderful job presenting your work. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such wonderful compliments.

Where do you vacation in Florida? My son lives there so I visit often. I am proud to be on the Inky Team!!!

Karen

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas :) Very cute tag! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous tag ! I love the snowmen

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs

Jo x

cheiron said...

So colorful and fun! Thanks for playing along with the Dies and/or Punches challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!