My lovely followers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Non traditional christmas colours at the new Christmas Fun challenge

Good morning all

It's another two card day
(not a AnotherTequila Sunrise - sorry I'm a biggg fan of The Eagles sometimes the words of songs just pop into my head - you really should live in here its a very musical place lol)

I digress- what I really want to say is
 I'm so excited to be here with my first DT card for a brand new
Christmas challenge Blog

Christmas Fun Challenge Blog

Christmas Fun is a fortnightly challenge that started on 1st January this year
 and this week its the turn of team B

The theme for the challenge is 

Non Traditional Christmas Colours


I found this fab image in the JustInklined digi shop 
its called Three Kings and is available here
and thought it would make a perfect card for this challenge
I  love this image its also perfect to celebrate Epiphany - which was just last week 
 when the wise men visited the infant Jesus 

I enjoyed colouring this in some totally different colours - mostly colours I don't often use.  Then i simply surrounded the image with gold stickles (it looks better IRL!)

So come on - join me in getting ready or next christmas - while you can still remember the pain of last Christmas when you hadn't made enough cards lol

This is what I did....

Image - the wise men from justinklined
coloured with copics and prismacolor pencils
Ribbon - Vintage seam binding in teal from crafty ribbons
Gem embellie and papers - Michaels recollections
Kraft - MFT
Glitter - gold stickles
Sentiment - produced in word

Hope we see your gorgeous Christmas creations this week  I'll be back later this morning with my GDT card for Crafty Little Fairies - don't forget to come back to see what I've got cooking!!

Challenges I'm entering with this card

ABC Christmas challenge - anything Christmas
Divas by design -  Ribbon
Digistamps 4 joy - glitter and sparkle
The glory of Christmas challenge - the 3 kings
Kenny Ks Krafty Krew - anything goes/use black(black gem)
Stamp'n'Doodle - use an animal

Hugs 
Judith x









16 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohh Im loving this card Judith its brilliant and the colours are ace, Thanks for the heads up with the challenge, Im making as many chistmas cards as I can just now!!!
Love Hazelxox

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith. I love the image and beautiful ribbon.
Congrats on your new DT place too.
hugs Sue xx

Claire said...

What a fab card Judith - I hadn't heard of this challenge, so am now a follower. Hugs, Claire x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such a gorgeous creation Judith. I adore the image and your colouring and layout is awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Riette said...

That is a gorgeous image and just begs to be colored!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Digistamps4Joy!
xxxx
Riette, DT.

Susan Renshaw said...

I love this image...may have to take a look at that site...and you have made a super card with it! Sue xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Judith… such a fab image and I love your colouring and the sparkles! the ribbon/bow finishes it off beautifully !! :-))
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
Hope you have a good weekend!
Hugs Sue B xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic image and love how you have placed your ribbon, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Hazel said...

Lovely card - thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 24, Glory of Christmas DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x 3

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Judith.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin


Emily Thubbron said...

Beautiful card, Judith. I love the image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Kenny's Krafty Krew.

Emily
Core 4

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Judith..xxx

Anne-Marie said...

What a fantastic Card Judith. It's lovely.

Thank you for sharing it with us through Stamp 'n' Doodle, and the best of luck.

Anne-Marie x x

Camille Short said...

I love your card - wonderful inspiration!

Dorte said...

Wonderful Christmas card, fab image- I've never seen it before.
Thank you for playing along with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Dorte x

Janine said...

Fabulous image and awesome colouring! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx