My lovely followers

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Join in with our birthday celebration blog hop at The Paper Shelter

Good Morning all

Well another year has gone by and The Paper Shelter Blog will be celebrating their 4th Birthday on December 8th. We are having a blog hop this week and it will also be a two week Challenge and both Design Teams are taking part.


The theme is

  "A Special Celebration"

Which I think could be almost anything !!

 If you have landed here from Anna's then you're heading in the right direction - if not then the best thig to do is to go back to The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog to start again
, - after all you don't want to miss anthing!

 Our Design Team have worked very hard and are showcasing the gorgeous images available at The Paper Shelter Website and each blog on the hop is offering one lucky commenter a digi of their choice as well as the main prize, details of which are on 


At this time of year there was no doubt in my mind as to what my
special celebration would be

after all it is the most wonderful time of the year!!

This cute image is called 
The Most Adorable Snowmen  - available here

As well as all of the fabulous digis available to colour at The Paper Shelter, we also have pre-coloured images and matching papers and that is what I used here.  It makes a really quick and easy card but you can add your own embellies to make it that little bit different.  I needed to make a really quick card as I was trying to fit all of my cards in before I went on holiday so that I could get my post scheduled.  I'll actually be travelling back home today after 2 lovely weeks in the sunshine in Florida, so this is the last of them!

All I used to make this easy peasy card was the precoloured image and paper, some gold satin ribbon and two different  dies from whimsy stamps - oh and a preprinted sentiment from Craftwork Cards.  The lovely gold card is old gold centura pearl from Crafters Companion, its a very different gold to the shiny mirricard - very pearly and elegant - perfect for a special celebration!!  I rather liked how it turned out - and Ihope it gives you some inspiration to use some of our lovely precoloured images for quick and easy (last minute!!) Christmas cards.

Well I think you've been here long enough! - you really need to be getting on with this hop.  The next blog you need to visit is Mariannes the link is here! - but don't forget to leave me a comment to be in with the chance of winning the prize for this blog.

Hope you are enjoying our celebration hop

Good luck

hugs Judith xx




40 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith, oh wow what a stunning card I love the metal looking ornaments, and your colour choice is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Judith...
Happy Birthday to The Paper Shelter and a great way to celebrate with a blog hop...gorgeous image, so cute and love the colours used..aNNie
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

crafty said...

This really is an adorable snowman. Love the colouring

Unknown said...

Such a cheerful card Judith! And it certainly is the most adorable Snowman! :)

http://craftconcoction.blogspot.in

rian said...

what a lovely card, I like the digi.
hugs rian

Bad Kitty said...

adorable snowman
coloring is very nice

Aunty Sue said...

oh i love this hop so many fab images to add to my wish list and i so love snowmen and your card. Happy birthday

Lizzy Smith said...

OH I love snowmen and these are just some of the most darling I have seen! Great card. TFS, Lizzy

Caz said...

Awww so sweet...love it..

Caz xx
My Blog

happyscrapper said...

Brrrrtt! I love it. The colors are amazing.😄

lulu' creazioni artistiche said...

what a lovely card, I like the digi.

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Judith… I love the rich colours and the image is so sweet… it looks really fab against the blue background. Love the gold details… it adds real elegance to the card! :-)
Hope you have a good journey home!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Amanda B said...

Oh my goodness! This card is absolutely stunning! I love the die cuts and bow!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real stunner Judith. Hope your journey home goes without any hitches.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Lena said...

Amazing card. Both cute and beautiful :-) (hop, hop, hop)

Tracy said...

Fabulous card, the blue and gold works so well together. Crafty Blessings, Tracy x

EriEs said...

blue and gold together looks very pretty on your card

paper fun said...

He is adorable!! What a lovely shade of blue with that gorgeous gold.

Mari

Anonymous said...

your card is gorgeous. the image is precious and all that you've added: papers, snowflakes, that big beautiful bow...just makes it pop

Anonymous said...

Love your sweet snowman, Beautifully done, Thanks for the hop, Congratulations Paper Shelter on your 4th Birthday Hugs Julie P

NicoleDesigns said...

This is super cute.... love the colors... xo Nikki

Suze said...

Very elegant card with the gold ribbon and embellishments.

Vannessa said...

This is gorgeous Judith and I love all the embellishments you added. Hugs, Vannessa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Goodness this is amazing, what a great card, Love that its precoloured too, easy peasy to do. My colouring is the longest bit of my card making!! Love Hazelxx

Marion said...

I love the metal looking ornaments and the combination with snowman

Angela said...

Lovely card Judith.... love the golden ribbon and embellishments!!
xxAngela

Nikki Stalker said...

A gorgeous card you have created with an adorable image. Beautiful!!

Nikki S

Patty Sue 2 said...

I just printed this image off and can't wait to color it. Your card is fabulous and I love all the details. A great card for The Paper Shelter celebration and for the lucky person who receives it!

Alison said...

A fab Christmas card, Judith. I love this image and the gold tones you have added make it really special.
Alison xx

Gail said...

This is such a fabulous image from Veronica and Pedro. I love snowmen! Your embellishments are wonderful and they make this card very special. What a GREAT card for our celebration at TPS! Hugs, Gail

ribenaruby said...

Hi Judith, I love pre-coloured images too, fab because you have more time for the lovely embellishments! Great card, love it. Ruby x

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Judith...love how you used gold..so festive. hugs, Pat K x

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. The Snowman is sos sweet.

Hugs, Astrid.

applejack cards by sue said...

Oh I do love this... such a wonderful image and papers and a lovely idea that a pre-coloured image comes with the digital image.

sidbear said...

What an adorable card, Judith! You did a wonderful job, thank you for sharing!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Amazing colours, stunning piece of work. -x-

Barbiedi said...

lovely snowman and great colours

cass said...

Cute snowman, very pretty design

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Me again. Came to see your PS Blog hop and found your computer mishap post. Gave you some love there - so now I am here to say what a fabulous Christmas card you made. That image is absolutely adorable. Love the papers and gold accents you added. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lucy Patrick said...

Hi Judith, I was just reading your latest post about your laptop, that's terrible and yes, it is so time consuming to start again with a new computer and then to get 2 viruses, oh my, not a good time! I bet you wish you had another holiday after that hehe!

Wow to your card, I don't usually use the pre-coloured images because I wonder if they'll look the same but this is amazing! I love the background colour too and to add the gold just really gives a gorgeous warmth to it, such a lovely combination. Such a great idea and so quick and easy when you don't have to colour and find papers!! XOX Lucy