My lovely followers

Thursday 5 November 2015

Just because I can....

Good morning all

And - happy guy Fawkes day to all my UK buddies - to be honest I forgot it was Guy Fawkes day today until I saw it on another blog this morning.  Aren't we a funny lot in the UK - having a special celebration day to remember when a man named Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the houses of Parliament - and all therein! - and from my school days as I recall what they did to him when the plot was foiled - ooo I shudder to think about that!!

Anyway I digress - I 'm posting today just because i can! - no challenges or have -to-makes....
I seem to have a whole queue of cards and projects that I haven't blogged so thought I would share  a set of card samples that I made for Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir a couple of months back for one of Sheena Douglass TV shows, using the lovely Perfect Partners Victorian Floral stamps and dies available HERE

 The first two are from the bluebell set which is a great set because you get two for the price of one! - the flowers and leaves allow you to make either a bluebell or lily of the valley.  I really loved the lily of the valley when it was finished, although obviously just a white flower I also heat embossed it with a shimmer embossing powder and shaped the flowers with a ball tool.  It looked so pretty.

the last one was probably my favourite - the sweet william, Probably because I love these flowers in real life, always so pretty, make a lovely display - and last for ages!




I coloured the flowers with my Spectrum Noir pens and also coloured the centura pearl card in the first two cards to match in blue and green so they toned perfectly with the colours of the flowers and leaves.  I used collall 3d glue gel to create dimension in the flowers - it's great for this type of project.

It takes me back to summer sharing these today! - wouldn't a nice light,warm sunny day be nice! 

Thank you for calling in to see me today

Hugs
Judith xxx

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Creative knockouts - lace ribbon twine


17 comments:

Veerle said...

These cards are so gorgeous Judith, love those beautiful flowers.
Hugs, Veerle

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are three beautiful cards Judith I love each one but i must admit the Sweet Williams always remind me of my younger years as my mum always used to have them in the garden
hugs
lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

These are so pretty Judith you are so clever in the making of these.x
I have opened a new blog as my other one is taken over by google plus and I don't like the changes...come and follow me on my new blog and join in the candy...xx
 { aNNie}

brenda said...

Three real beauties Judith, the first certainly could equally be a Lilly of the Valley, but it's probably the third which is my favourite, my gran always grew Sweet Williams and they always remind me of her and her pretty chocolate box cottage and garden.

B x

Janice said...

These are lovely Judith - what a super set of cards, Jx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! these are SO beautiful Judith! Love the 3D effect of the Lily of the Valley and the soft ribbons are perfect to finish off these very elegant cards! :-)
Hope you have a good day!
Big hugs Sue B xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Golly these are so pretty, what great cards, Hope alls well with you, Love Hazelxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Judith, love all the pretty flowers
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Judith, pretty colours and elegant design.
Pauline
x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a simply devine collection of flower cards, Luv Sam x

Carol S. said...

Super, pretty cards. Love the flowers. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

We celebrate her in New Zealand too Judith and my poor kiddos couldn't sleep last night! We'll get our revenge tonight though, as we were saving our stash for today, so the kiddos could stay up a bit later and enjoy the display. It's not dark here now until 9pm! So I didn't want to keep them up on a school night. Love your gorgeous 'just because' cards. I've a few I must blog too, just no time to get it done lately. So glad you're feeling up to creating and blogging and hoping you continue to mend and heal. Big hugs, Wends x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are beautiful Judith, I love the flowers
Kevin xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards, love the beautiful flowers x

Pat said...

Beautiful cards Judith, I love the Sweet William one they look very realistic. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Judith, these are such pretty cards!
Hugs Lynsey x

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at Creatve Knockouts.