My lovely followers

Wednesday 11 November 2015

We're travelling at the Paper shelter this week


Good morning all

Stupid blogger - this was scheduled for 9am today (and still is!) - why did you not post it!!

It's time for another challenge at 

The Paper Shelter 

with a a theme very appropriate for me!

Travel

I'm off on my hollies this week to Florida - to visit all those fun places and to do my Christmas shopping at the sales!  My daughter and her family are also coming with us and we are so looking forward to going to Mickeys Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom with our Grandson Jacob who will be 4 next month - just a perfect age for Santa and Mickey and all those other fantasies that are just wonderful through the eyes of a small child.  I just hope he enjoys it as much as we will!!

But I digress - I decided to make a Christmas card for this challenge using the cute image

Are You Ready My Friend available here

just a perfectly lovely image of Santa and Rudolf getting ready for their travels on Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve - and I even found his little sleigh to add to the corner of the card!


You can choose any form of travel for this challenge - it could be a form of transport such as a car or train, walking or running or even going on hoilday or perhaps as I have chosen Santa's travels!



What i did ...

Image - pecoloured Are you ready my friend from TPS
Papers - Dovecraft rafyt Christmas
Red card - papermania Christmas 8x8 textured cardstock
Kraft card nd Blak card - Crafter's Companion
Dies - all Marriannes (except spellbinders circles)
Distress ink - TH tea dye
Glitter - Stickles diamond

We are looking forward to seeing what you create for our challenge this week!

hugs 

Judith xx






14 comments:

Janice said...

Fab card Judith and happy holidays. So think you'll enjoy seeing Mickey with Jacob, as you say, the perfect age... what age isn't for such a treat! Have fun, Jx

brenda said...

I could easily pack and come with you Judith, one of my favourite destinations and not just the weather, I am one of the biggest kids when it comes to Disney. Have a wonderful time and please pop on a pair of Mickey ears for me.

I too digress, your card is glorious, I so like the sepia colours with the red.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Super cute card. Have a fab time, love Mickey's party.

Pat K said...

Oh this is so cute Judith. Great design for this adorable image. Have fun with Mickey. hugs, Pat K xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Judith, such a fun image and great design.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love this image. Have a lovely holiday in one of my favourite places. Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

Love your card Judith. Have a wonderful holiday, it will be magical for Jacob xx

Kat W said...

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL again and I can see I've missed lots of amazing projects on your blog, including some fabulous festive designs. I also love your trio of beautiful floral sample cards...so elegant :-)

Your festive 'travel' card is fabulous - such a fun image and a gorgeous colour combo. Quite appropriate too since you are off on your travels...probably not by sleigh though!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super image and i'm loving that fabby sleigh die, enjoy your time in Florida and i hope you get lots of bargains in the sales too, Luv Sam x

Carol said...

A super card Judith, love this image. Enjoy your jollies...say hello to Donald for me! Carol x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Judith, love the image and design
Have a fantastic time in Florida
Lorraine x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card

Debs said...

Adorable card Judith - fabulous image and embellish.
Bet you had a blast at Mickey's Christmas party with Jacob - as you say the perfect age to enjoy all that fun.
Debs xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and pretty. Enjoy your time away, lucky thing you are.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx