My lovely followers

Sunday 3 July 2016

Don't you just love it when a card in your head comes together on the page!

Hi all

 My daughter asked me to make a card to give to her friend's baby girl who has reached the mile stone one year old!!

I bought some dies a few weeks ago from the lovely Appleblossom when they were on hochanda - I got these and a couple of other sets and I'm just so in love with them, these are from a set called 

A day at the zoo 


I was asked to help out with the Die'sire DT this week with some of the samples for the new Christmas launches (watch this space! - they're fab!!) I think the die cutting gave me a bit of inspiration away from my usual colouring - I really enjoyed the experience. Anyone who hasn't tried creating with die cuts- you really need to give it a go - it's really a totally different experience in crafting - and far from the easy option - all that measuring, precision and sticking without getting the glue all over lol - quite a challenge 

and it's decorated inside too





I used several sets of die dies to create this card
This is what I did....

!0inch x 7 inch card
Card for die cutting - American crafts and Crafters companion centura pearl (plain white side)

Outer card
Animal dies - a day at the zoo from the appleblossom die collection at Craftstash
Happy birthday die - Sue wilson dies from creative expressions
Stitched banner dies - Justrite dies A2 stitched banners and rectangles
Cicrle dies - spellbinders
Stitched circle die - Mamma Elephant
Number 1 - Tim Holtz vintage market dies from sizzix
Papers - 12x12 vintage market papers
twine from my stash

Inside 
cross stitched rectangle - Mamma Elephant
Happy birthday die - Tattered lace
Balloon punch - Martha Stewart
Letters - Tim Holtz vintage market from Sizzix

There is also a 'Baby Card'  challenge still going on at Moving Along with the times Challenge blog
Pop over there and show us your baby cards!

Challenges entered

Allsorts - gingham

Hugs 
Judith x





9 comments:

Carol S. said...

Sweet card and great dies. Gorgeous detail. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Judith, xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Judith!!
Kevin xx

brenda said...

An a adorable card Judith, love the banner arrangement and pretty soft colours.

B x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Beautiful card hun love the dies hugs cheryl xx

Sarah said...

I would indeed love it Judith, however the translation gets lost somewhere between my head and my fingers!!! Your card however, is totally brilliant...love the pretty colours and the die cuts are so cute xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous baby card Judith. Love all your new dies and those pretty papers. hugs, Pat K x

Kathleen said...

Really lovely Baby card and some great dies.
Thank you for joining in my Gingham challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Kat W said...

Yes, I certainly do love it when the design in your head magically appears IRL and it all just works as you wanted...just wish it happened more often!
Your card is utterly adorable and I'm glad you had fun playing with the die cuts...it does make a nice change from colouring :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx