My lovely followers

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Why do I never win at Bingo!!...... I'll explain

Good morning all

We have a new challenge starting at 

Fab'n'Funky Challenges

our lovely Buffy Chose the theme

Bingo


and we have a new sponsor this year 

DigiStamps4joy


who are offering a great prize this week 

I never win at Bingo!! - mainly I think because I loose the plot and my mind wanders off and I miss numbers .... pretty much like in this challenge really.  Not a very good example to anyone who plays along with our challenge - you won't win if like me you only complete half a line!! Yellow/flowers/gems, then I've sort of got black off another line .... see what I mean I'm pretty useless lol.   To be fair it's easily put right I could stick gems on no problem - so if you can screw your eyes up and stick black gems on in your mind - it fits!

I decided that this lovely image was perfect to create a page in my art journal - it's only one side of a double page - I've yet to venture onto the facing page - but I have something floral in mind!!


This lovely image is called Phantasi 7 - I just love it!!


I used parts of the Doodlin' stencil from Sheena Douglass groovin 60's collection as I thought the shapes echoed the lovely cala lilys in her hair and also added an ornate vine and basket weave stencil for texture - I rather like the effect.
Here's what I did

Image - Phantasi 7 from Digistamps4joy
coloured with Spectrum noir blendable pencils
Background created with Sheena Douglass stencils and  inspirational words stamps sets 1 and 2
and splats and accessories set 2
Inks used - Creative expressions colourcloud and TH distress inks, stazon black ink

Hope we see you with a winning line overat Fab'n'Funky this week

Hugs
Judith xx




13 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks fab judith, xxx

Chris said...

Love your journal page Judith...makes we want to dig out my own neglected book! This looks fabulous (even without the black gems...:))
Chris
x

Crafty Amy said...

Ha ha well I can see the black gems ;)
I love it anyway! The colouring and layout are brilliant.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

cheryl said...

this is goreous hun love the layout hugs cherylxxxxxx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Yep...I can see the black gems in my mind's eye!! This is a really fantastic journal page Judith. It must have taken you ages, but worth it xx

Pat said...

Lovely journal page Judith, I love all the colours and words and the great feel of texture.

Pat xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Judith and I'll pretend the black gems are on there for the challenge, but this page is perfect just the way it is.
Avril xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Judith even though it is missing the gems and you added black. Lol!!! What's a few missing gems between friends.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

brenda said...

This is gorgeous Judith, super stencil and stamp work.

B x

Alison said...

Fantastic image, and I love what you've done with it, Judith. I can see a lot of black dots on there - you must have used up a good few packets of black gems...Lol!!!
Alison x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Judith, such a gorgeous image. I'm always making DT cards and completely forgetting to follow the theme!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nataliascraft said...

What a fabulous journal page Judith, love the background and beautiful image x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh wow! I love how you chose to use this image Judith! So creative and utterly perfect for a journal page. Very cool take on the challenge! Love it and love all the inspiring uplifting words on that page too. Hugs, Wends xoxo