My lovely followers

Monday 20 March 2017

Foils aren't just for cards!!


Good morning all

I'm sharing two more samples made with the lovely new foils 

They're from Crafter's Companion and are launching on Hochanda TV tomorrow

They,re really  so easy to use and you can create really beautiful effects using them as just an accent or as the full focus of the card

I used them in a mixed media effect on this tag in an assortment of the lovely colours
just look at that electric blue!!


it was made with a Tim Holtz tag coloured with Distress inks - in fossilised amber, peacock feathers and abandoned coral.  The rest was just an assortment of transfers and a couple of die cuts in black card with little enamel dots.  Mounted onto black card it really makes the colours pop

My second make is a very traditional type card
made entirely with the Graceful Butterflies transfer set


I simply applied a transfer to the side of the white card and this time used just the silver foil, the butterfly is also made with the transfer, fussy cut and I doubled up a smaller one onto a larger one for a 3D effect.   The lovely sentiment is also a part of the transfer set

This is what I used (all from Crafter's Companion)

card - graceful butterflies transfers
          silver foil
          Downton Abbey Ornate oval frame
          Centura pearl card

tag - Transfers - from the sets -  Lavish lace, graceful butterflies, blooming bouquets,
         opulent flourishes
         Foils - Electric blue, raspberry pink, gold

Don't miss these - they're gorgeous!!

hugs
Judith xx


10 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

These are gorgeous Judith especially that blue foil, so decedent. Thank you for your comment on my blog, your daughter certainly has the right idea about decorating. My parents did this for me when my children were younger although we all went on holiday for two weeks and when we came home our hallway had been decorated. That's why we love our parents xxx
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW these are amazing, I love that top tag, its stunning with its sparkly foiling, Love Hazelxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations Judith, especially the top one.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mrs.B said...

Two gorgeous cards Judith, looking forward to the show.
Avril xx

Carole said...

Loving your mixed media tag, great colour choices.
Thanks for bringing my attention to the fact that my blog was well out of date. I have put it right but i don't suppose it will be long before it needs updating again.
Hugs Carole x

Wendy said...

These are so beautiful Judith, love both the sentiments and such gorgeous colours on the top one.
Hugs
Wendy xx

cotnob said...

Two beautiful samples Judith, they are both gorgeous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Love the tag, great colours and the butterfly is gorgeous. The card is beautiful too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the creations Judith, the foils are something I would love to try, no idea about them and we don't get the Hochanda TV here not to my knowledge...looks gorgeous and effective.xx ♥[aNNie]

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two beautiful samples Judith....just love the pretty tag.....Joolsx