My lovely followers

Saturday 3 February 2018

Easels are the way forward!

Happy Saturday!

I just had to share some more of my Easel cards made with the fabulous new dies by Crafter's Companion that are being launched on Hochanda TV on Monday

This is the floral easel, it's a lovely scalloped circle shape that has a beautiful floral overlay (which is in two parts so it can be used in various ways)

On my first card I used one overlay at the top of the card and one of the flowers to decorate the base,  so that I  had lots of space to add a coloured image


on my second card I used both floral overlays and coloured them with distress inks and finished it very simply with a pretty bow.  i also decorated the base with the overlays.


Easel cards have always been my favourite shape to make, I remember a blogging friend saying to me years ago that easel cards mean you have double the space to add embellishments.  There are four lovely shapes to choose from in this new launch, so lots more choice of lovely space to decorate on your card!!

This is what I did....

Both cards -
Easel die - Dies'ire from Crafter's Companion
Card used for base- centural pearl from Crafter's Companion
Collall All purpose glue,Tacky glue and 3d glue gel
red liner tape - I always use this to secure the easel to the base as it gives a strong bond

1st card-
Word Dies Diesire classiques only words and Sara's Signature Together Forever Celebrate die
Sheena stamping card
Digi image from Tiddly Inks
Coloured with Spectrum noir  colourtint pencils
Papers –Prima Rondelle (an old pad that I was so happy to still have!)

Black card

2nd Card
"With Love" die –free with  Crafter's Companion magazine issue 17
Coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks 

Have a great weekend!

Hugs
Judith xx  

Challenges I've entered 
Just us girls - love
patties creations -love is isn the air




16 comments:

Chris said...

Your cards are stunning Judith, those dies are gorgeous! An easel card always looks 'special' and these are such a lovely shape. Lovely image on the first one too!
Happy weekend
Chris
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both are so delightful Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Easel cards are so impressive especially if they are displayed correctly. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Both cards are stunning Judith. Fabulous papers and I love easel cards!

Happy crafting....

June :)

Pat said...

Two lovely cards Judith, sweet image on the first and beautiful pastel colours on the second.

Pat xx

Fikreta said...

so very nice cards!

Carol S. said...

Both very pretty cards and love the designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Judith! Love the easel designs and that TI's couple is still a fav' of mine for weddings. Gorgeous job hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Stamping Bubbles said...

Wow these are gorgeous cards Judith. I can't wait for the shows launching these new dies, they are fabulous.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

aussie aNNie said...

Love easel cards myself and these are gorgeous.xx [aNNie]

brenda said...

Just popping in to look at your pretty creation, see what I'v missed and thank you for your kind visits, slowly trying to ease back into the swing of things.

B x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Judith, the new dies look fabulous - I predict a spend coming up!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful cards Judith...just love the shape and dies on them both....Joolsx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two beautiful easel cards! I love the soft colors and the gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful easel cards love the dies and cute image
Carol x

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge “Love Is In The Air” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
What a cute image!
Pattie
Artist & Owner